Request Access to Schedule Queries Using EDW Data
System or Application access requests require that additional information is supplied on the intent and usage patterns expected in order to determine if any special access and handling will be required. Queries to extract Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) data to be stored in local or departmental repositories must be documented and approved by appropriate Data Custodians and coordinated with central UW-IT staff, as outlined by Data Management Committee Guidelines.
Requests for system or application direct access to the EDW requires that the system owner obtain a UW Application NetID Account, as documented in DMC Guideline 1017.
Instructions and Process
- Determine the appropriate role to request by reviewing the Security Access and Roles Matrix to identify the role with the level of access you believe is needed in order to fulfill your job responsibilities. Please review the role definitions and column data privileges to select the appropriate role.
- Fill out the form below with the requested information, including the Access Role being requested, and then click Submit.
- When the form is submitted a copy will be emailed to your supervisor with instructions to reply, acknowledging endorsement of your access request.
- Once supervisor endorsement is received, your request will be submitted for Data Custodian review and endorsement. Data Custodians review for validation of business need and appropriate access request levels. Please note that this process usually takes a few days, but may take up to a week.
- Once Data Custodian endorsement is received, your request will be submitted to appropriate central UW-IT staff to review and endorse, usually within three working days. UW-IT staff review for validation of expected security, usage and performance assumptions. UW-IT will provide an appropriate time window in which the query can be scheduled to run. NOTE: Queries needing to be run on-demand should be coordinated with UW-IT in advance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once UW-IT staff endorsement is received, you will be contacted by email@example.com when your access has been activated. You will then be able to query the data.