The Research Administration Data (RAD) cube was recently updated to reflect changes in the SAGE database, and to support the upcoming release of research awards and proposals dashboards. The following is a list of those changes.
- Change to values in dimDate
- The date dimension used to display dates outside of the range of dates that contained transactions. As a result of this update, you won’t see a list of dates prior to the earliest transaction or later than the most recent transaction
- Attribute name change
- Funding Entity Category Description was shortened to Funding Entity Category in the Sponsor and Originating Sponsor dimensions, so it fits into the soon-to-be-released UW Profiles Research dashboards
- Dropped Attributes
- Funding Purpose – Dropped from the Research Funding Action dimension
- Proposal Funding Purpose – Dropped from the Research Proposal dimension
- Added Attributes
- AwardSponsoredProgramActivityTypeDescription - Added to the Research Funding Action dimension
- ProposalSponsoredProgramActivityType – Added to the Research Proposal dimension
Historically, Awards and Proposals have had different, but related Funding Purpose fields (also known as Type of Award). These fields were used to determine Facility & Administrative (F&A) rates, as well as in reporting to the Federal Government. To streamline the Research Administration process, these two different fields were revised in unison, and have been harmonized, such that the values available in both are identical. This new field is now known as the ‘Sponsored Program Activity Type’, and it will be replacing the deprecated Funding Purpose fields in the RAD Cube. A comprehensive back-fill mapping has been developed, in partnership with Office of Sponsored Programs and Grand and Contract Accounting, so this new field will contain values for old Proposals and Awards, based on all available information from those eGC1s and FAs and the relationships between the two.