The Report Prioritization Group released a new report, the Learning Spaces Policy report (Access to B.I. Portal report requires access to EDW and it is limited to Time Schedule coordinators.) This report replaces the Total Classroom Utilization by Hour report.
The Learning Spaces Policy report is intended to be used by time schedule coordinators to comply with the Learning Spaces Policy. Although the policy only applies to the Seattle campus, Tacoma and Bothell course distribution data is included. The chart and reference lines are intended to help time schedule coordinators to see when course distribution is out of alignment with the policy.
The Total Class Utilization by Hour report will be decommissioned from BI Portal on June 26, 2019.
- The report was redeveloped to correctly handle curricular joints and ad hoc joints ‘withers’.
- The report also removes courses that are responsible by another scheduling unit.
- A bug in the old report is being addressed in the new report where classrooms scheduled after 2:30 pm were not being counted.
- The performance of the main dataset query has been greatly improved. The old query took more than 15 minutes to run with 2 curriculum abbrs. The new report can run the entire college of arts and sciences in 2 minutes.
- A table with time blocks, primary instructors, SLN, courses and classroom locations has been added.
If you have questions about the new report please write to email@example.com, and put “RPG: Learning Spaces Policy” in the subject line.