Two new dashboards make it as simple as clicking a mouse to explore information on UW research awards and proposals at an overall summary or individual unit level and answer questions like:
- From year to year, what’s the change in proposal dollars for my college?
- Are industry grants in my department going up over time? How do foreign grants compare to domestic?
- How many awards did my college receive this year, and how does that compare to five years ago?
- Who were the top 10 funding entities for my department’s award dollars in Fiscal Year 2015?
Many more questions can now easily be answered by using the Research Awards and Research Proposals data dashboards, which are the latest additions to the suite of UW Profiles dashboards, produced in partnership with the Office of Research Information Systems (ORIS) and UW-IT’s Enterprise Data & Analytics (EDA) team.
With these data dashboards, there are now three types of research data exploration tools available to the UW community. Each of the three tools serve specific purposes and audiences:
- Awards and Proposals Dashboards provide high-level overview of summary information, with ability to drill down to the department level.
- Awards and Proposals Reports provide customized lists of information that can be summarized and downloaded for additional analysis.
- Research Administration Data (RAD) Cube allows for deep-dive, drag and drop analysis to answer complex questions.
These tools are available to faculty and staff, through access to the Enterprise Data Warehouse. The EDA team also offers a two-hour, hands-on Handling Data 101 class to help people get started using reports and cubes, using the research cube and reports as example data.
Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.