Are you tired of manually cleaning and preparing datasets before you can begin your data analysis? It’s a rule of thumb among data analysts that 3/4 of any analysis project is spent on sourcing and preparing data. But it doesn’t have to be this way!
A new self-service data preparation toolset from Tableau now makes it easier than ever to connect to, union, join, pivot, and clean your data: Check out Tableau Prep
If you source all of the data for your solution from the EDW, then this solution may not be right for you.
But if you’re one of the many Tableau users who sources data from the EDW and merges it with local data, or if your analysis is built on a spreadsheet, CSV, or multiple disparate sources, and you spend hours merging spreadsheets, and writing complicated functions to clean and prepare the data, then Tableau Prep may help save you time on your next project!
You can access these online resources to learn more about Tableau Prep:
If you have a Tableau Desktop license distributed and managed by UW-IT, then Tableau Prep is available to you. Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Confirm that you have a UW-IT managed Tableau Desktop license.
- Request a product key. To request your Tableau Prep product key simply write email@example.com with “Request: Tableau Prep Product Key” in the subject line.
- Download the latest version of the software here on Tableau’s site to get started
- Install the software and begin prepping your data
Important to Know:
- You must already have a UW-IT managed Tableau desktop license to use Tableau Prep. If you don’t have a UW-IT managed Tableau desktop license, UW-IT will not be able to provide you with a Tableau Prep license. You can learn more about how to request a Tableau Desktop license here.
- If you work for UW Medicine or its affiliates and are interested in using Tableau Prep, you should contact UW Medicine IT to learn more.
- If you are a student and you are interested in using Tableau Prep, you should contact Tableau directly to learn what options are available.