Departmental GPA Columns Added:
- 3 columns were added to the report to display a student’s GPA for all classes taken within the department that administers the student’s major(s). For more detail on the calculation, please see the Departmental GPA definition in Knowledge Navigator.
- Users can sort these columns in the report to rank order students by GPA. This data was requested by departmental advisers to be used as a reference when conferring department awards based on GPA.
- The columns are labeled [First, Second, Third] Major Dept GPA, and are included in the default columns to display.
Academic Year Column Added:
- The Academic Year column was added so that users no longer have to infer the academic year from the filter selection. The Academic Year is now an explicit data element in the report.
Enhancement to “Degree, Major or Minor” Filter Order:
- Previously, there was not a logical ordering of the options displayed in this filter dropdown
- Now the options in the dropdown are grouped by Major, Minor, and Degree to make it easier to find what you are looking for.
This report references two GPA calculations: Cumulative GPA and Departmental GPA. If you have questions about the meaning of these concepts and how they differ from Major GPA, please explore the links above or find more detail in the Knowledge Navigator.
As always, if you have any questions, please write firstname.lastname@example.org and put “RPG: Student Degree Information” in the subject line.