- The audience for this message is all BI Portal Report users.
In the coming days, the Business Intelligence Team will update our reporting software version. After the update, reports will have a new look and feel, but there will be no changes to the report parameters or the underlying data that you use to do your work.
- We have scheduled this update for Sunday March 10. When users log in on Monday, the new version will be available.
- SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) is the software behind all of our BI Portal Reports.
- The Business Intelligence team is updating the SSRS version from 2012 to 2017.
- The new SSRS version has many new features including an improved look and feel that will be noticeably different.
- The impact to users is expected to be minimal. This message is just for awareness.
- Users do not need to make any changes in response to this change, and there will be zero interruption of service during the upgrade.
- Users will notice that the report look and feel has changed. However, the report parameters, columns, and underlying data will not be affected by this update.
If you have any questions about this change, please write email@example.com and put “BI Portal: Reporting Services Upgrade” in the subject line.