- The audience for this message is all BI Portal Report users.
On Sunday March 10 the Business Intelligence Team and UW-IT Windows Engineering team completed the update and testing of our reporting software. After the update, reports have a new look and feel, but there are no changes to the report parameters or the underlying data that you use to do your work.
- SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) is the software behind all of our BI Portal Reports.
- The Business Intelligence team updated and tested the SSRS version from 2012 to 2017.
- The new SSRS version has many new features including an improved look and feel that will be noticeably different:
- The impact to users is minimal. This message is just for awareness.
- Users do not need to make any changes in response to this change, and there will be zero interruption of service as a result of the upgrade.
- Users will notice that the report look and feel has changed. However, the report parameters, columns, and underlying data will not be affected by this update.
If you have any questions in response to this change, please write firstname.lastname@example.org and put “BI Portal: Reporting Services Upgrade” in the subject line.