IT Connect

Information technology tools and resources at the UW

Getting Access to

A variety of online Administrative Systems provide campus staff with up-to-date financial, budget, payroll and student information. The following is an overview of the various online databases and the type of information you will find in each system:

  • BUDGET SYSTEMS (BGT) — Includes State and Grant budgets.
  • FINANCIAL SYSTEMS (FIN) — Up-to-date Budget Activity (BAR) reports, Budget Status Reports, budget lists, and descriptive information about budgets and financial coding.
  • PAYROLL/PERSONNEL SYSTEM (HEPPS) — Payroll Activity Form and Personal Data Form information, paycheck detail and histories, hourly accumulations for student and temporary workers, and job classification tables.
  • PURCHASING SYSTEM (PAS) — An online requisition entry and inquiry system, for ordering from vendors off campus, reimbursements, and order/payment inquiries. PAS Entry and Update have transitioned to Ariba.
  • As of December 21 2015 PAS access has been granted as inquiry onlyand PAS is entirely closed for requisitions. If you have any questions or need additional assistance please contact Procurement Customers Services at
  • STUDENT SYSTEM (SDB) — Student/applicant information, including transcripts, registration inquiries, time schedules, and class lists.

Getting set up on Keynes

Administrative information is currently available at Your personal usercode and assigned ENTRUST token is required to authenticate and log onto Keynes. Read the Token Eligibility Policy to find out who is eligible to use the ENTRUST token.

Usercode Requirements:

  • Must be Unique and Personal
  • Cannot Share or Inherit
  • UW NetID Required

Request access to FIN, BGT, PAS

Fill out an Administrative Systems Access Form for access to FIN, BGT, and/or PAS. Separate request forms are required for HEPPS and the Student System (SDB).

Request access to HEPPS

HEPPS access is only granted to Central Offices. To request access to HEPPS, you will need to fill out and submit a Request for HEPPS access form and submit it separately to Payroll, Box #359555. HEPPS is approved by the UW Payroll Office If you have any question about this form or access, please contact

Request access to SDB

Faculty and Staff may click on one of the below-listed UW campuses to request SDB access:

If you are unable to open any of these forms, call 206.221.5000 or send email to

Removing User Access

To remove access for a user, supervisors may email with the following user information:

  • Full Name
  • Usercode or UW NetID
  • ENTRUST Token Serial Number (if available)

Also, please return the ENTRUST token via campus mail to UWITSC, Administrative Applications, Box 359540, or via Postal Mail at 4333 Brooklyn Ave NE, Box 359540, Seattle, WA, 98195-9540.

Changing Departments

Employees who are changing departments and know they will need access in their new department can keep their ENTRUST token. They will still need to re-apply for access in the new department by completing and sending a new Administrative Systems Access Form, Request for HEPPS access form, or the Student Database form for the UW Seattle, Bothell, or Tacoma campus. Employees who are not sure whether or not they will need access should return their Entrust Token by following the procedures above.

Limits to access

  • Usercodes with access to financial, purchasing, and payroll data are linked to a 10-digit departmental organization code. This allows you to access the budgets for just that department or organization. If you need to access more than one organization’s data, you are issued additional Usercodes, which you access by entering the “Switch” command on the main menu.
  • Usercodes with access to Student Systems are linked to a security mechanism that restricts access to specific colleges and major codes.

Terms, Definitions, and Instructions

The following section describes terms, definitions, and more detailed instructions for various fields on the Administrative Systems Access Form. Use the below list to skip to a particular term:

Requesting User
The requesting user must satisfy the following criteria:

  • UW Employee

Department Contact/Sponsor
We keep a second person on record in case we need to contact someone regarding the account and the user is not available. Please provide the name of a person whom we may contact regarding access. A sponsor should satisfy the following criteria:

  • UW Employee, Permanent Position
  • Cannot Be the Requesting User
  • From same Department or Discipline as Requesting User

A UW NetID is your personal identifier for using UW online resources. For more information, please read About UW NetIDs.

Employee ID number
This is the nine-digit number given to you by the UW. If you have a new faculty/staff ID card, it should be printed on the front. Check with your payroll coordinator if you’re not sure what it is. (Note: this is not your Social Security number.)

Organization Code(s)
List the organization code(s) this usercode will access. If you are unfamiliar with the budget/organization code structure for your department or college, please contact your department administrator for assistance. You can also read a basic overview of the organization code system. NOTE: Each organization code will generate a separate usercode.

The form must be signed in ink by the:

  • Requesting User
  • Department Sponsor/Contact
  • Department Chair or Administrator
  • Department Dean or Director.

Three distinct signatures are required to process applications. Except in unusual cases, forms with fewer than three may be delayed or rejected. College or departmental procedures may call for more rigorous approvals.

When requesting access to organization codes outside of your department, the chair, dean, or director who is responsible for those organization codes must also sign the form.