Information technology tools and resources at the UW
SPSS 23 & 24 – Annual Subscription
IBM SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) provides data and statistical analysis, file management capabilities, graphics and reporting features. This year’s contract includes a Virtual Computer Lab (VCL) license.
Be aware that SPSS offers other bundles and terms for SPSS software directly to students, faculty and staff, this is not under UW license. See SPSS at general academic discount for details.
See the IBM SPSS Premium Edition site for details about the version available under UW license.
- SPSS 23 and 24 Modules include:
- Advanced Statistics
- Custom Tables
- Tables Original
- Trends Original
- Data Preparation
- Neural Networks
- AMOS is NOT part of this package
- License must be renewed annually
- Software can be installed on both institutionally-owned and personal computers.
IBM SPSS 23 & 24 are available through an annual subscription, with the license period running from July 1 through June 30.
- UW matriculated, currently registered undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff (non-administrative use ONLY) are eligible to participate in this site license.
- UW Affiliates not paid by the UW, visiting scholars, distance learning, and extension students are not eligible to purchase this software.
- This software is for use on computers owned or leased by the UW or on the student, faculty, or staff person’s personal computer.
Licenses may now be obtained or renewed for July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017
Purchase from e-Academy (download)
- SPSS 24 Students personally owned equipment: $100.00
- SPSS 24 Staff/Faculty personally owned equipment: $250.00
- SPSS 24 UW owned equipment: $375.00
- SPSS 24 Renewal Code Only
- Students personally owned equipment: $100.00
- Staff/Faculty personally owned equipment: $250.00
- UW owned equipment: $375.00
- Purchase and download online. We recommend using a wired network connection to download from the e-Academy site.
- Payment is by credit card (ProCard) only.
- Budget numbers are no longer accepted online.
- The Activation Code for security reason is not sent in your email receipt. It is provided on your e-Academy receipt screen. Make a note of it!
- The software can only be downloaded by the person who purchased it.
Purchase from the University Book Store (media included)
- UW Book Store no longer sells licenses for SPSS.
Concurrent Use Licenses
- $375.00 per license
- Generally only used in Computer Lab settings – not for individual use
- For use on UW-owned computers only
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Version desired
- Number of licenses
- Budget number
- Budget Coordinator’s name, netid, and mailstop
Any modules not offered under this license are available directly through IBM SPSS Inc. Contact IBM for details.
New version upgrades are purchased as new licenses.
Mac System Requirements This also includes link to other operating systems.
IBM SPSS Support for documentation online. You will need to create an IBM ID to access these pages.
Other Questions: Send email to email@example.com or call 206-221-5000.