Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Mac Support in Nebula
- On This Page
- Services available: Basic Macintosh and UW Exchange services
- Additional resources for Mac users
The Nebula Basic Macintosh Service provides Mac computers with access to the Nebula file systems, where shared files are stored in a managed server environment that is secure, backed up, and scanned regularly. Basic support services are also provided. The rates and service details are listed below. We have also posted descriptions of the additional resources available for Mac users at the University of Washington.
Mac OS X Lion
- Mac OS X Yosemite
- Campus agreement for Apple softwareThe following software is now available under the new UW Apple licensing agreement; it is restricted to UW-owned Apple computers only:
- Macintosh OS X 10.10
- iWork 09
- iLife 11
Additional details and information on how to acquire the software can be found on the UWare Apple Software page.
Office 2011There are known issues with Lion and Office 2011, but they are relatively minor and are largely documented here:
You can evaluate if they are showstoppers until the next Office 2011 update is released.
Services available: Nebula Basic Macintosh Service; UW Exchange
- Macintosh Support Service
- Group File Services – H: and I: Drive
- VPN Service
- Help Desk Support
- UW Exchange – Basic Troubleshooting
- Basic Printer Troubleshooting
- File Restores via the self-service portal
- User Account Services
- Nebula account creation and decommissioning
- Exchange account creation and decommissioning requests
- Password resets
- Basic Nebula Group Management – granting/revoking group membership
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more, or wish to subscribe to these services.
Additional resources for Mac users
Retail Store and the Genius Bar
The Mac retail stores and their Genius Bars provide various no-charge services for computers under warranty. You can make an appointment online to drop your computer off at either the University Village or 45th Street locations.
The University Bookstore maintains a Technical Center, with Apple-certified technicians available six days a week, with no appointment necessary. They can be reached at 206-545-9474, and they can do:
- Hardware repairs – including Warranty Services
- RAM and hard drive upgrades