Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Servers and Storage Services
- Amazon Web Services
- Provide Amazon Web Services to the UW community with discounted pricing and support plan.
- Azure Subscription
- Provide self-managed Azure services to UW community with discounted pricing.
- Data Backups and Archives
- Centralized data backup management
- Data Center Co-Location Services
- Data center colocation infrastructure and network connectivity
- Delegated OUs
- Provides device management capabilities using Microsoft Active Directory and related technologies.
- High Security Managed Windows File Service
- The High Security Managed Windows File Service provides a file sharing platform for end users with encryption enabled by default.
- Shared Central File System for Research Archives (lolo Archive)
- Long term and safe storage of files, which are rarely accessed
- Shared File Service
- Low-cost, shareable UW-managed campus file storage, suitable for smaller storage needs.
- Shared Scalable Compute Cluster for Research (Hyak)
- Hyak is an on-campus platform for scalable scientific computing
- Standard Hosted Server
- An "Infrastructure as a Service" offering, on which you administer your own Linux or Microsoft Windows virtual server(s).
- Standard Managed Server
- Server consulting, configuration, installation and ongoing support
- Storage Area Network (SAN) Data Storage
- Disk storage and data replication solutions
- UW Central File Storage Service for Users – The U Drive
- U Drive - UW Central File Storage