Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Audio and Video Conferencing
At the University of Washington there are several conferencing solutions to meet your conferencing needs. The solutions are comprised of:
- A mix of audio and video
- Audio, video, and content sharing
Basic Audio-Only Conferencing – Anyone using a campus phone can make at least a three way conference call. Multi-button phone are capable of hosting up to a 6-party conference.
Expanded Audio-Only Conferencing – If you would like to host a meeting with more than 6 people there are two options:
- UW-IT provides a reservation-less audio conferencing bridge with capacity for up to 30 participants. This system allows organizations to hold conference calls on-demand, without paying per-use fees, for simple reservation-less conference calls. Advantages include:
- Easy to use, low-cost conferencing solution for up to 30 parties
- Best solution for day-to-day, impromptu conferencing needs
- No per minute/per participant charges for conference users
- Third-party Conferencing solutions provided by Premier Global Services (PGI)
- PGI provides large audio on-demand conferences, international conferences, and special events. Conferencing options are outlined here.
- Adobe Connect – Adobe Connect is a Flash-based virtual meeting room that allows you to connect with other PC users to share audio, video, applications, and chat. More information about Adobe connect can be found here.
- Microsoft Skype for Business (formerly Lync) - UW Skype for Business is the University of Washington subscription to Skype for Business, a Microsoft O365 service. Audio/video participation is limited to only Skype for Business users. More information about Microsoft Skype for Business can be found here.
- K-20 – K-20 is a state run organization that offers video bridging services to its members. Participants can join using desktop computers or room-based conference units like Polycom or Lifesize. More information about the K20 video services can be found here.
Content Sharing – Content sharing can be accomplished through any of the three videoconferencing service options above. For more information about each, follow the links above.
UW faculty; UW staff; UW Medical Center; Harborview Medical Center; UW Physicians Network and Neighborhood Clinics; Anyone with a valid budget number .
How to Order
Conference call services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Staff are available Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Some conferencing products are available 24 x 7.
Requests for conferencing are handled 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
|One time setup charge||No charge|
|Monthly recurring charge||$3.76 per virtual telephone number|
|Toll-Free Access||$0.06 per minute/per participant|
|Applicable toll-free and long distance charges will apply.|
|Premier Global Services (PGI)|
|Global Meet||$0.10 per minute/per participant|
|Scheduled Ready Conference||$0.06 per minute/per participant|
|Toll free access||$0.06 per minute/per participant|
|Global Crossing/Level 3 Ready Access (legacy service, no new accounts added)||$0.29 per minute/per participant|
|Meeting host license||$21.20 per account/per month|
Price subject to change annually on July 1st.
Service Level Description
Lead time to set up a teleconference is 24 hours prior to the conference for PGI. Meet Me and Adobe conferences generally require 7 days prior notification for set-up.
Detailed information about this service, including comparison tables and "how to" information:
For 24 x 7 technical support on either your Adobe Connect web conference or Arkadin audio conference, contact Arkadin Customer Support at 1-866-922-9566 or press *0 from within your Arkadin audio conference.
For your PGI audio conference, contact the PGI Technical Support Center at 1-888-569-3848 Option 2 or press *0 from within your PGI audio conference.
All account questions or changes should go to the UW-IT Service Center at 206-221-5000 or email@example.com.
Last Review Date: 07/01/2015