Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Create a Group
To create a new group from your Catalyst account page, follow the steps below.
- Log in to your Catalyst Tools page.
- On the Catalyst tools account page, click the Your Groups tab at the top of the page. You will move to the tab, and see a list of groups in the left pane.
- Click Create Group in the top left of the tab. A new group dialog will appear in the right pane.
- Enter a name for the new group in the space provided. The group name must be unique. When using this group to provide access to Catalyst tools, this name is how you will identify this group in a list.
- You can enter a description in the text area provided. The description appears only to you or other group administrators.
- You can enter group members one at a time or in a batch. Enter members one at a time by typing the name, UW NetID, or ProtectNetwork ID of each person. As you type, the tool will search for people who match what you have entered. Select the correct person from the list by clicking the name or pressing the Enter key when the correct name is highlighted. Add multiple group members at once by clicking “add multiple people” and entering UW NetIDs, ProtectNetwork IDs, or UW and ProtectNetwork email addresses one per line or separated by commas. The names will appear in a list below.
Where are Class Lists?
To give class lists access to tools, simply navigate to the tool you want the class to have access to, and add the class list from within the individual tool. The class list will update automatically to ensure that the correct list of students can access your course resources. See the individual tool help pages for more information.
- When you are finished adding people to the group, click Save. Your new group will be created.