Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Adding Groups or Class Lists to Your Tool
To find groups or class lists, and use them to provide access to a tool, follow the steps below.
- Log in to your Catalyst Tools page.
- On the Catalyst tools account page, find the tool to which you want to grant access. Select Manage from the Actions menu. You will move to the Manage page of the tool.
- Choose whether you want to provide access to participants or administrators (collaborators), and click Edit under the relevant header. You will move to a new page displaying the groups chooser.
- To see all the groups you own and class lists to which you have access, in the top right of the group chooser, click Select groups & class lists. A list of your groups and class lists appears. You can filter this list to show just groups, just class lists, or both.
Tip: To see more details about a group or class list, to the right of the group, click Details. A window appears that includes the complete list of all members of the group, as well as a list of the Catalyst tools the group members can access. You can also edit the group in this window.
- Click the name(s) of the groups/class lists whose members should have access to the tool. The group/class list name will be highlighted. When you have selected all the groups/class lists that should have access to the tool, click Save. Or click Cancel to leave this page without saving your changes.
Note: Groups or class lists do not have access to the tool until you click Save.