Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Viewing grade book activity allows you to identify who has made changes to the grade book, what they changed, and when. You can review the activity log chronologically, or search for specific names, actions, or keywords. For example, you could search the activity log for the name of a student to view a specific history of scores entered or changed for that student.
In addition, changes made by administrators on your grade book are highlighted in a separately, to help you collaborate better.
To view the activity for a grade book, follow these steps:
- From the Catalyst account page, click the name of the grade book with which you want to work. You will move to the main view of the grade book
- Click All activity in the global navigation at the upper right. You will move to the “All Activity” page.
- The activity is organized chronologically, with the latest action listed first. To browse, click Next or a page number in the page navigation at the bottom.
- To search enter a keyword or name in the search box in the upper right, and click Search activity. You will move the search results page.
- On the search results page, you can enter another search, or click Return to all activity.
To view activity of other administrators, follow these steps:
- On the Catalyst account page, click the name of the grade book you want to work with. You will move to the main view of the grade book.
- A number indicating how many changes have been made by administrators will appear next to the “All activity” link in the global navigation at the upper right. To view this new activity, click the number. The “New Activity” dialog box will appear.
- Review the new activity of your administrators, and then click Close. You can also click All activity to view or search the entire activity log.