Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Edit Discussion Areas
Service notice: All Catalyst Web Tools–except WebQ Survey and GradeBook–will be retired. View timeline and details.
Boards created with discussion areas to organize conversations will initially contain two default discussion areas: “Default Discussion Area 1” & “Default Discussion Area 2.” Follow the steps below to modify the name or description of a discussion area:
- From the Catalyst tools account page, click the name of the board which contains the discussion area you wish to edit. You will move to the board home page.
- Click Manage in the global navigation at the upper left. You will move to the “Manage” page.
- Click Edit under “Discussion Areas.” You will move to the “Discussion Areas” page. A list of the current discussion areas is displayed in the panel.
- Click the name of the discussion area you want to modify. The form will open in the panel.
- Change the name for the discussion area in the space provided.
- Change the description (optional) in the space provided. The description will be displayed underneath the discussion area name on the board home page.
- If you would like to lock the discussion area, select the Lock Area option. Learn more about locking discussion areas.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 – 8 to modify another discussion area.
- When finished, click Save to save your changes, or Cancel to discard them.