Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Add Discussion Areas
Service notice: All Catalyst Web Tools–except WebQ Survey and GradeBook–will be retired. View timeline and details.
Add new discussion areas to a board:
- From the Catalyst tools account page, click the name of the board to which you want to add discussion areas. You will move to the board home page.
- Click Manage in the global navigation at the upper left. You will move to the “Manage” page.
- Click Edit under “Discussion Areas.” You will move to the “Discussion Areas” page. A list of the current discussion areas is displayed in the panel.
- Click Add discussion area at the lower right of the panel. A form to create the new discussion area will appear in the panel.
- Enter a name for the discussion area in the space provided.
- Enter a description (optional) in the space provided. The description will be displayed underneath the discussion area name on the board home page.
- If you would like to lock the discussion area, select the Lock Area option. Learn more about locking a discussion area.
- Click OK. Your discussion area will be created.
- You can repeat steps 4 – 8 to add more discussion areas, or select an existing area to modify, move, or delete.
- When finished, click Save to save your changes, or Cancel to discard them.