Information technology tools and resources at the UW
View and Comment on a Participant’s Work
To view and comment on a submitted assignment, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Catalyst Tools page and click the title of a dropbox. You will enter the dropbox home page.
- Each dropbox includes a list of participants and assignments organized into a table. The participants who have submitted their work on time will have a under the assignment name. Those who have submitted work late will have a under the assignment name. If comments have been left on a participants’ submission page, will display in the corresponding cell. Click on a cell with icons in it to view the submitted files and comments. You will move to the participant’s submission page.
- To view a submitted assignment, under “Submitted Files” or “Submitted Links,” click “Download” underneath the name of the file or link. To download all assignments submitted by this participant, click the “Download Submission” button and save the zipped archive.
- All the comments made by the participant, commenters and administrators will appear under “Comments.” To leave the first comment, click Leave a comment. You will move to the “Leave a comment” page.
Tip: Comments are a good way to leave feedback for a participant about their work. Comments may be used to tell a participant the grade they received for an assignment. Comments may also be used to return a graded, edited, or commented assignment back to a participant.
- Type your comment in the space provided. Click Attach file at the bottom of the gray box to return a graded document or to give new resources to the participant. If you want to preview the comment before it is posted click Preview. If you do not want to post your comment click Cancel. Click Post to post the comment. You will move back to the participant’s submission page.
- If you want to add another comment, type the comment in the space provided below “Add to this conversation:” and click Post.
- To return to the dropbox home page, click the dropbox title in the upper left of the page. To go to the assignment homepage, click the assignment name under the dropbox title in the upper left of the page.