Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Catalyst Web Tools
Available for : Instructors Students Staff
Service notice: All Catalyst Web Tools–except WebQ Survey and GradeBook–will be retired. View timeline and details.
The Catalyst Web Tools are a set of Web-based communication and collaboration applications designed for use in teaching, learning, research, and everyday work. No service fee for eligible users.
Catalyst helps you to:
- Create a course web site with CommonView
- Set up and participate in online discussion boards with GoPost
- Track and submit grades online with GradeBook
- Create and distribute surveys with WebQ
- Gather files, provide feedback, return files online with Collect It
Online Help Center:
- Create a survey or quiz (step-by-step instructions)
- Create a gradebook (step-by-step instructions)
- Create a workspace (step-by-step instructions)
- Contact the Learning Technologies Help Desk
- CommonView: Because of recent changes in Google’s interface for integration, as of Thursday, April 16, 2015, Catalyst Web Tools will no longer support adding Google calendars or Google sites links to Commonview workspaces. Existing calendars sites will continue to work as expected.
Data Retention Policy:
A single data retention policy does not apply to the Catalyst WebQ service due to the broad scope of administrative, academic, and personal information created and stored via this service. Consequently, users of this service are responsible for managing and deleting their Catalyst WebQ documents in accordance with University of Washington retention guidelines. For more information, please refer to the UW Records Management Services web site.